Friday, January 5, 2018

New Years Resolution and the Dala Horse


Whether or not you believe in making New Years Resolutions, you can't argue the value of making positive changes.

The first place I'm starting is going through my last years sketchbook and following through on my drawings and ideas.


I started by revisiting my sunflower horse design. This time I used Jo Sonya Acrylics that come in a  more muted color pallate than I normally use.


While this may be fine with some people, I prefer a lighter, brighter approach that would capture the energy of my original watercolor.

My next project will be to carve and paint a wooden horse based on this color pencil and ink drawing.

When I've followed the rest of my designs through I'll be able to start some brand new designs for this year.

The nice thing about this is that I'll never have to worry "what if I'd done this one". I'll know for sure and have something tangible to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment