Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Horse Design Based On Tradition


I started out with a drawing that combines several different, traditional design elements to create a new horse.


 

Next I filled in the drawing with watercolors and acrylics.


Here is the completed drawing. My next step will be to paint 2 wooden horses.
One will be freestanding to see what it looks like in 3 dimensions and the other will be a Christmas ornament to see how it looks flat.



Here are all three finished horses. It made me laugh because laying the ornament down on the page and standing the other horse up looked almost like the new horse design was jumping off the page and becoming real.



From this photo it's difficult to tell which horse is paper and which one is wood. I may use both versions on merchandise in my zazzle store. Depending on what sort of look that I'm going for.

Here's a better view of the wooden Christmas Tree Ornament.


Here you see the freestanding dala horse both standing alone and joining the collection of other horses that I have designed and painted.


I think it fits in pretty well, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment