Sunday, August 27, 2017

Julia's Newest, Latest Dala Horse Designs

This season has a lot of classic design elements but the focus is on a playful placement of coma stokes in both the mane and around the saddle area. These shoot off in all directions to infuse the designs with an energy that they didn't have before.




On this ornament in addition to the coma strokes I painted a few daisies to lighten and brighten up the design.



For the next one I used a darker red and a few other brushstrokes to change things up a bit.


I felt that this design got a bit too busy so I made the next red horse quite a bit more simple.



I also came up with a couple of designs on white horses to keep things interesting.


This blue horse design was simply painted in my sketchbook and hasn't been carved into wood yet.



I'm hoping that this mixed media design will look great on products like greeting cards, wrapping paper and fabric. Depending on how those work out I may try it on other products too.



I added a border when I put it on a card and I liked it even better.


Here is how the new horses look with the rest of my collection.

I had just a few horses left and couldn't resist painting them up too.







This last picture is actually the green and yellow horses together shot with a different filter. somehow it turned them all the same shade of orange which offers even more possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment