Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Ideas for Dala Horses from Painted Deck Posts

I never get tired of finding different variations for the designs that I use.



Whenever I'm stuck for ideas on color combinations or patterns to use on Dala horses I just go up and down the ramp and look things over until the ideas begin to pop.



It's a great source of reference material because each of the designs that I've tried has been done in an assortment of colors of different backgrounds so I can just see what works best together.





Both of these photos were taken on the same day. We woke up to snow but by 2:00 in the afternoon it had gone again.





The green post was designed and painted by my sister and fellow artist Becca.





Here there are posts painted by a couple of my sisters along with the ones that I have painted.















Can you see the thread that ties these projects together?


No comments:

Post a Comment