Friday, October 30, 2015

New Ways to Use My Old Dala Horse Designs


While going through my old files I came across this horse that I'd designed when I first started out. I decided what should have been added at the time and made some notes of how I'd like it painted next year.

  
As long as I had it out I thought I'd experiment with how it would look done up in a range of other colors. I plan to try each of them next year and see which one I like best.


I don't remember if this design ever went to the stage of being painted on a wooden horse or not so I've noted the changes that I wan't to make and will paint one up next year.


Here are some color variations to try for that design too.

The reason that I keep saying that I'll try them next year is because I've been trying to keep all of the carving and painting outdoors and the weather has actually been cold enough that it tried to snow here a couple of days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment